I love to travel, like REALLY love it but as I’m writing this we’re all still in lockdown and going nowhere due to the current Covid-19 restrictions.
So I’m sharing my top 5 places to elope!
So many couples have had to postpone their weddings this year, and maybe some of you will change your plans completely. Elopements are an amazing option for couples that want a more intimate ceremony, don’t want to blow the budget on just one day, and love to travel as much as we do!
These are some of my favourite places to go to…
- Italy – This place had to be first on my list. It’s a place so close to my heart, every part of the country is just beautiful. Kelly and I have planned our day here twice now but, life keeps getting in the way! I’ve been so lucky to shoot here numerous times. From the beautiful Tuscan hills to the stunning Amalfi Coast – everywhere you look is just incredible. There are so many hidden gems in Italy that would be perfect for your wedding and elopement, and it’s only a couple of hours away…
- Santorini – A stunning location that’s become increasingly popular over the last few years and totally perfect for an intimate wedding. The small boutique hotels offer the perfect views of the ocean which creates the most amazing backdrop for your ceremony and wedding reception. The light here is beyond incredible! Last year Dina & Natahniel took me away on their honeymoon (I know right, how lucky am I?) – check out the stunning photos of them at sunset and sunrise, they are one gorgeous couple.
- Ibiza – Had to be on the list! Another one of my favourite places in Europe. The island that is so different from one side to another, but has something for everyone. Stylish and wild, calm and peaceful. Whichever you choose you will be guaranteed to have the most amazing time. Atazo, Elixir, Cotton Beach club are just a few beautiful options.
- Iceland – A truly magical place. What better place to get married than here and maybe even get a glimpse of the Northern Lights in the evening! This is ideal if you are a little bit more adventurous and don’t mind the cold! An absolutely beautiful country that offers you stunning backdrops everywhere you look. How about taking your vows next to a waterfall?!
- South Africa – A bit further afield but definitely not to be dismissed! Why not combine your elopement with a honeymoon Safari? Or how about a ceremony in one of the stunning vineyards in Stellenbosch or Franschhoek? Drive the Garden Route for some of the best views I have ever seen in my life. What about a glamping elopement? Being surrounded by beautiful scenery just has that X Factor!
So there you have it, my top 5 places to elope to. Where would you choose if you could go tomorrow?
Share this story